Monday, January 4, 2010

Someone who can say it better than me #1

Hello Humans, when it comes down to it, there are people who get paid to say the things I want to say. Since they do it for a living they put a lot of effort into it. It's not that I don't want to, it's just that I can't. I haven't the time to do so. So I decided to create a series (this early into the blog, I know...) where I give you information provided by professionals. Hopefully, they can speak with a certain clarity that I hope to achieve one day. So, here's the link: http://www.annals.org/content/125/8/675.full. Copy and paste it into your web browser and enjoy.

It's an article by Dr. Ritchie Witzig entitled The Medicalization of Race: Scientific Legitimization of a Flawed Social Construct. It's beautifully informative. What I like most is that it informs the reader that race has no scientific backing, and gives examples of how the concept of race can actually hurt.

I do not own this article. I have in no way contributed to the information therein. I am not trying to make a profit off of this article. My only motive with this article is to share its information with my readership. Also, I will gladly remove this article by demand of its owner.

Here's the link again: http://www.annals.org/content/125/8/675.full

No comments:

Post a Comment